viernes, 18 de enero de 2013

Sesión 3 Kristina Cvetich


The Elements of Social Scientific Thinking: Chapter 3, Hoover, K. and Donovan, T.

            In this chapter, the authors state that science is an attempt to control a process, a process that can never be completely controlled. As a social researcher it is ones job to “shape the realities of the world into a form that allows for reality testing” (p. 99). This chapter provides and outline of how to do this- what strategies to use. This aids in academic research because it provides a guideline to follow when thinking of and carrying out ones research. It aids in developing my thesis in that it makes me think of how to conduct research and the manner in which I will chose to formulate, test and understand my research. Through this reading and following the guidelines I know to verify my research and avoid rash conclusions, which is incredibly important when writing a valid thesis.



Hoover, K and Donovan, T. (2008) The Elements of Social Scientific Thinking. Boston: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning. Chapter 3.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario